Is a Content Management System Right for You?
A Content Management System (CMS) is a platform where you can make updates to your website yourself. Popular CMS’s are WordPress, Joomla and Drupal.
So Is it Right for You? Answer these questions below:
- Will you be showing inventory, products or listings of some type and will those things be changing frequently?
- Are you going to blog?
- Are you going to be adding new pages frequently?
- Are you going to be selling online?
- Will your content need to change quickly and frequently?
- Will you need to edit content on most of your webpages?
- Do you think your website will be more than 20 pages?
- Are you able to create graphics and professional looking imagery?
If you answered Yes to any of the above questions, you should consider a content management system. If you answered no to the above questions, you may not need a CMS.
We get many clients that come to us and say they want a content management system. But when we start asking for what reasons, they don’t have good answers. A themed CMS can add quite a bit of expense to a website project and before you invest your money into one, it’s a good idea to determine if you really need one in the first place.
WebTek has been working with CMS solutions for a long time and would be happy to recommend/advise you if you need a content management system.