Google Analytics provides website owners with vital information and data that allows them to see exactly how visitors are engaging with their site and which areas could use improvement.
Google Analytics Gives Us the Insights We Need
Google Analytics is a website statistic tracking service that we utilize here at WebTek to monitor, analyze, and report on the traffic coming in to the websites. Google Analytics provides us with insights into how users interact with websites and how the website is performing.
We are able to see the amount of traffic that comes into the site from a variety of different sources. Analytics gives us a break down of the following traffic sources:
- Organic – Users who use a search engine such as Google, Bing, or Yahoo to find your site from performing a query.
- Direct – Users who are already aware of your website or got the URL from your other marketing materials and go directly to your site bypassing a search.
- Referral – Users who discovered your site and were brought to it from other sites, mainly directories and business listings such as Yellowpages, Angie’s List, and many more.
- Social – Users who came to your site from one of your social media profiles such as Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and more.
- Paid – Users who came to your site via Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaign. Google Adwords can be integrated with Analytics to provide a more in-depth look at the campaign.
In-depth Information for Performance-driven Results
Analytics also provides us with data to show the geographic locations that users are from, how much time they spend on the site, how many pages they view per session, what pages users exit from, and much more. We also have the ability to setup conversion tracking to get more in-depth information on the users, keywords, pages, and anything else related to people converting on your site.
We Focus on Quality Traffic that Results in Qualified Leads
Many people focus on where they rank in search engines alone, but really the data from Google Analytics tells us that there is more to every story. Quality traffic coming into a site can be much more beneficial to a business than being ranked number one for a few terms that may not be producing traffic that will turn into leads or sales.