How Do I Add or Edit WooCommerce Products?
How to Find Your Products
Once logged into your WordPress website look in the menu on the left side of your screen, click on Products. Next, a list of your products will display.
How to Add, Remove or Edit Products
To begin adding a product, navigate to the products page and at the top of your screen, click “Add Product”.
- Title: In the first box on the screen, enter the title to the new product you are adding.
- Long Description: Below the product title, you may optionally enter a more detailed description of the product. This will show below the product images and add to cart button.
- Short Description: Below the long description is a box titled “Product Short Description”. Optionally enter a brief description of the product here. This will show to the right of the product images above the add to cart button.
- Price: Under both description boxes you will see a box titled “Product Data”. Inside this you may enter a Regular Price and an optional Sale Price.
- Product Variations: Your website may use product variations, if this is the case in order to edit any of your product variations.
- To add a price, click “Go” next to “Add variation”. A new row will appear below the “Go” button. In the dropdown, select the size you want to add a price for. Click inside the row to expand the box down. Inside the box, you may enter the product price and an optional sale price.
- To remove a price, with your mouse, hover over the row of the size you want to remove. To the right of the row, you will see the “Remove” link appear. Click this link. Click the Save Changes button below the pricing rows when you are finished.
- Product Image: If you would like to change the large image that spans across the top of the screen on the page you are creating.
- To add a new featured image, select the link on the right side of the screen called “Set product image”. In the screen that pops up, you may either drag-and-drop the image you want to use OR you may select the button that says “Select Files” and then navigate to the image you want to use. Click the Set product image button in the lower right corner of the screen when you’ve selected the image you want to use.
- To remove this image, locate the Featured Image section towards the bottom right of your screen. You will see a thumbnail of the image and a link below that which says “Remove product image”. Click that link.
- To change this image, locate the Featured Image section towards the bottom right of your screen. You will see a thumbnail of the image and a link below that which says “Remove product image”. Click that link. Now you will see a link that says “Set product image”. Click that link. In the screen that pops up, you may either drag-and-drop the image you want to use OR you may select the button that says “Select Files” and then navigate to the image you want to use. When you’re done, select the blue button “Set product image” at the bottom right of your screen.
- Category: On the right side of your screen, you will see the Categories box. Make sure the check mark is next to the correct category for the product you are entering. You may click on the box next to each category to select (check) or un-select (uncheck) the category.
- Publish: When you are done entering the info for the product, check the Publish button in the upper right of the screen.