How Do I Add or Edit WordPress Events?
How to Find Your Events
Once logged into your WordPress website look in the menu on the left side of your screen, click on Events. Next, a list of your events will display.
If you do not see the Events tab on the left side of your screen you most likely do not have this plugin. If you are intrerested in having this capability added to your website, feel free to contact us.
How Do I Add a New WordPress Event?
Once you are on the Events page in order to add a new event look to the top of the screen and click on the button that says “Add New”. Once you reach this page there are a variety of fields you will need to fill out.
- Title: In the first box on the screen, enter the title to the new event you are adding.
- Details/Description: In the first large text box on the screen you can enter a description and details for the event that you are creating.
- Time & Date: By scrolling down you will find an area where you can specify the time and date of the event. Simply choose a start and end date and enter the start time and end time in the time fields. If your event is only one day then simply choose the same date for the start and end date.
- Location: In this section you can specify the location of the event. You can either choose to select a venue from previously used locations. Or in the same box you can type in a new location name and you will be given the option to fill out the address and contact details of this location.
- Organizer: Here you can specify who is responsible for organizing the event. Similar to the location field you can choose from previously used organizers or you can create a new one.
- Event Website: This area allows you to link to the website or page of the event if there is one.
- Event Cost: Allows you to specify both the currency symbol of the event and the cost of the event.