How Do I Add Pictures & Video to My WordPress Media Library?
How to Find Your Media Library
Once logged into your WordPress website look in the menu on the left side of your screen, click on Media. Next, a list of items in your media library will be displayed.
What Types of Files Can Be Uploaded to the Media Library?
Here is a list of accepted file types that can be uploaded to WordPress media library.
- pdf (Portable Document Format; Adobe Acrobat)
- .doc, .docx (Microsoft Word Document)
- .key (Apple Keynote Presentation)
- .ppt, .pptx, .pps, .ppsx (Microsoft Power Point Presentation)
- .odt (Open Document Text Document)
- .xls, .xlsx (Microfoft Excel Document)
How to Add to Your Media Library
In order to add new content to the media library look to the top of the page and click on the button next to the title that says Add New. Once you click on this button a box will appear allowing you to click on the select files button. Doing this will bring up your file explorer, at this point simply navigate to the file you are looking for in order to upload it into your media library.
If you receive a warning that the file size is too large when trying to upload new content, then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can increase the limit on your upload size.