Expanding Your Brand Awareness with Content Marketing
Content Marketing is the process of creating and sharing valuable free content to attract and convert prospects into customers and repeat buyers. The type of content you share is closely related to what you sell. In other words, you’re educating people so that they know, like and trust you enough to do business with you. This content is usually posted as regular pages on your website or as blog postings on your site and can be a great Internet Marketing strategy.
Why Content Marketing Works
- Today’s savvy consumers do not want advertising when making purchasing decisions; they want valuable information from trusted resources.
- Relevant and trustworthy content marketing spreads through social media networks and generates powerful word-of-mouth exposure for your business.
- Search engines such as Google rewards websites with great content and tend to push them up higher on search engine result pages (SERPS).
How Content Marketing Can Work for Your Business
If you are passionate about your business, you probably consider yourself an authority on what you sell or the service you provide. Content Marketing allows you to take your knowledge and use it in a way that benefits your prospective customers, increases personal referrals and enhances your online visibility.
Distributing Your Content
- Pushing your content out through your social media followers.
- Pushing your content out to your email subscribers.
- Getting search engines to index your content. You can get great organic search engine traffic by providing great content on niches. Create content around questions people are searching for and your website page or blog post may show up great.
How Blogging Helps to Strengthen Your Online Reputation
Blogging is a process of creating articles and posting them online. Some blogs are themed to specific subject matter, other blogs cover a range of topics that the author is interested in. It’s a low-cost way of self-publishing content that is important to you. When businesses use blogging as a marketing strategy, they are providing original and helpful content in their field of expertise in hopes of reaching an audience that needs educated or informed in that area. This might be for an upcoming purchase or a big decision where consumers are in research mode and need an authoratative voice to provide insight and helpful information to educate the consumer.
The Power of Blogging & Expanding Your Audience
While consumers are in research mode and looking for this information and a unique perspecitve from someone in the industry, they will hopefully find you and your company through the blog posting. They may bookmark, share or subscribe to your blog so they can read more posts you put out in the future. This is naturally a great of getting followers. As your blog grows and you provide more and more great content and articles, you start to be perceived as an expert in your field. You can also make your blog articles interactive by allowing comments and discussions therefore creating engagement with your readers.
Search Engines & Content
As you start to become a recognized contributor of helpful information, you also get noticed by search engines. Google and other search engines will reward your website as a whole if they see you providing great information to their search users. Although you can have a blog that does not reside on your website, in most cases it is best to have the blog on your website for this reason. Search engines will also index your article if it provides answers to questions people search for.
Content Writing Tips
As a company, it is best to blog on topics that are relevant to the services/products you provide at the same time answering questions people might be searching for. If you are a heating/cooling contractor, a great blog post might be “How to clean your Air Filter” or “How long does a furnace last”. These probably aren’t your first choice of keywords you want to be found for, but you can capture a whole new audience of people looking for answers to these questions. This is known as long-tailed-keywords which generally contains longer search phrases that people might be searching.
- Write How-To articles and Top 3 or Top 5 lists
- Do not try to sell your product or service in the post
- Provide great information and resist the urge to put in your sales pitch
- articles should be at least 500 words
- Seek out topics that people are searching for
- Keyword optimize your posts and interlink blog articles
- Always create useful content
- Blog weekly or at least monthly
Is Content Marketing Right for You?
Blogging is not for everyone. It is a time commitment and requires consistent dedication. Do you like writing? If you don’t like writing, WebTek can write the blog articles for you with some research and or phone interviewing. We can also offer marketing consulting to help you come up with blog post ideas and strategies. If you feel comfortable you can allow other members of your staff to write on your blog too.
Consider enrolling in one of our internet marketing bundles that are built around strategic content marketing plans.